Tuesday, August 31, 2010

There is a shortage of senior java programmers in Sydney

Well, thought I would comment on the state of the IT market in in Sydney, and in particular the Java programming market.

My Large Bank has about 20 -30 open positions - no candidates. I am currently looking for a Senior Java developer with Direct Market Access and or FIX Protocol experience. Hmm no luck.

We have put the brief out to five agencies, dumbed down the spec to just Senior Java developer and have only received ONE CV in two weeks.

The global recession seems to have passed java developer by....

We are now searching globally for people----and can organize a visa for the right people.

Apparently there is only a small core of senior java developers in Banking in Sydney, with an even smaller core of people that know the FIX protocol (something like less than 20).

Man, if I had know this a year ago.

If your looking... contact me - serious contenders only, bright sparks. I work in a high class Bank capiche?

Later people.


Hi,  Immigrating to Australia?, why not use our community forum - all about living, working, playing, moving and studying in Australia.




How I got my visa, Life, Lumps and spirit, Hate your new country? Your not alone! A good Furniture Rental company in Sydney,Why do immigrants leave Australia?, Sydney - Scotland island - hidden gem, Malls in Sydney, Living in St Ives, Arriving in Sydney, Driving through Sydney - first day, How expensive is Sydney

2 comments:

  1. Hi Byron, jst came across ur blog, its really cool.still some openings r there ? I am immigrating to sydney by october mid and i am interested in it. have total 7 years of exp in jee/BPM .Have worked in India,UK and Latin America.if any contact ids,pls do let me know,i wuld send my resume

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comment here